Search This Blog

Sunday, December 7, 2008

26/11 and onwards

It was my last exam that day, and I was happy that it had gone well. After the exam, I went to the lab and started off on my mini-project for Service Oriented Computing. Dhaval and I had to do it, start to finish, in 36 hours, and we were coding frantically. At about 11PM, Vishal told us that there were blasts in a few hotels in Mumbai. We didn't give it much of a thought and just carried on with our work. At 2.30AM the same night, when I went back to the hostel, I saw the TV room was pretty crowded, and a whole lot of guys silently staring at the TV. I went in, saw the disturbing visuals for a while and went to bed, couldn't sleep for quite a while....

I woke up early the next day (because parents called early that morning to tell me to stay indoors) and grabbed a copy of the Times, the first page read - "WAR ON MUMBAI". The news didn't make a pleasant read. I went to the lab after breakfast and continued work on the mini-project, all the time hooked to the rediff homepage.

28th November was a busy day, I had my project demo. We did the final parts of the documentation, had a decent demo. I came back to the hostel TV room after that, and witnessed a very moving interview of Sabina Sehgal's husband on CNN-IBN, I simply couldn't stand the pain and went back to my room, lied down on my bed, frustrated, angry.

More thinking....and I thought of making a resolution to kill atleast one terrorist before I die...my heart said "yes", my mind kept on asking "Is it logical? Can you do it? What about your family?". I still don't know. The movie "A Wednesday" show's that even a "stupid common-man" can make a difference, but it's only a movie. My questions are still unanswered.

1 comment:

TW said...

You've described practically each & every person's state of mind during those 2-3 days.
Instead of worrying about 'what is the solution to this problem?', I actually wonder : even if there is a solution are _we_ ready to bring it in action ?